Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Writers Blog Assignment

Hi all,
I am trying to decide which piece I will use for the week 5 assignment. I have been thinking of submitting the initial two - combined. That would include the background information on Maine and the remembrance of my re-visit to Swans Island. I could include this weeks visit as well......but it would be so LONG - I'm not sure if that would make it rougher to read! So - I'm asking for your assistance and advice - and feedback! I certainly appreciate it!
ML

5 comments:

  1. Hi, ML~
    While both pieces are good, I have another suggestion...your poem. That was so beautiful! What about adding a short pre- and a post- on the poem? Pictures would be perfect, too. (When you add that into a double-spaced paper, you're almost there. Plus the two pages was a suggestion.) Just my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reread both pieces and enjoyed them both. they are full of imagery and an easy read. Using both might end up being too long since both pieces are long enough on their own. Maria has a great idea too. It wouldbe nice to see what you could add to the poem (pictures) that would help the reader visusalize it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the idea for the pre poem, poem, and post poem. Plus, pictures! The poem was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED your description of Maine! Personally, I find poetry very hard so I will always go for prose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments and encouragement! I have gotten the pics uploaded from Phil's camera and hopefully will have them added soon.......as well as the clam bake on Cabbage Island!

    ReplyDelete