Thursday, July 16, 2009

Some Thoughts

As I prepare for our trip I find myself thinking of trips from the past. Often Phil and I would wake and just sit with coffee on the porch of the cottage - watching the day begin. The following is an attempt to capture some of that. Also - For those of you who use Google Earth - If you go to 270 Shore Road - Ocean Point, ME you can see the cottage and a 360 degree view. Lovely!


Cottage Thoughts

Waking up with coffee
Watching the shore wake
A view from the porch - so delightful!
Seated in rockers - feeling a gentle breeze
Starting the day with nautical thoughts.

Boats checking lobster traps
Putting across the bay
Gulls follow - hoping for a treat.
Ducks along the rocky shore
Babies follow having breakfast with the family
Theres a straggler - Mom circles around to encourage.

Images of rocky shorelines and pines
Colors vibrant against the blue sky
Sunlight sparkles against the water
Rolling over rocks
Dragging seaweed, sea glass and shells
Tides rolling in and out
Bring new wonders

Sounds of seagulls and waves
Children playing along the shore
Couples strolling by with their pets
Some carry frisbees and tug toys
Many joggers with ipods connected

The day begun - slow and easy.
This is Maine!

4 comments:

  1. Mary Lou,

    Super Job! You words are very descriptive. I especially like the line you wrote about the mom encouraging the straggling gulls to catch up.

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,
    Thanks for you comments. I'm so ready for this trip!!! I hope to post some pctures after next week's jaunt.
    ML

    ReplyDelete
  3. ML~
    What a lovely cottage! I can imagine sitting out front in the morning and evening with a cup of coffee...it looks so relaxing. Thanks for adding the address for us to see!

    The imagery in your poem is fantastic! You can just hear and see the waves rolling in and the kids playing. I look forward to seeing the pictures! That will really add to your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria,
    Thanks for you kind words. I'm glad you were able to view the cottage through Google. It's a fun site! I'll definately be adding pictures.
    ML

    ReplyDelete