Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunshine!

We have enjoyed three glorious days so far at the cottage. The weather cleared nicely after an initial heavy rain. The skies are clear blue and it's warming up nicely. We have settled into the cottage. This is our 3rd year at this same cottage - so in a way it feels like coming home.
We have had lobster stew at the Lobster Shack. If you ever visit the Boothbay Harbor area you must try it! It's the best. Part of the charm is its simplicity. You line up and order at the window. If you are having steamed lobster - you can pick it out from the tank. You seat yourself - and of course the best seats are outside overlooking the view of the harbor and all the boats. The servers will bring your meal.........and you just relax and ENJOY! It truly is one of my favorite places.
The lobster stew is rich, filled with lobster, a few onions - lots of cream and butter. What a treat!!!
We have also been to the Boathouse Bistro. This restaurant is pricey - but well worth the visit. They have entertainment in the lower dining room. There are three levels - the top overlooks the harbor. How wonderful! I ordered scallops, shrimp and lobster served on risotto. It was heavenly. (I will have my fill of lobster while we are here for sure!!!!)
Kathy is coming today. I'm so excited to see my friend. It will be great exploring more shops with her.

3 comments:

  1. I am loving hearing about your trip. It sounds so nice. i went to Kennebunkport with my family when I was younger and love the coastal region of Maine. Last summer we wwent to visit my sister-in-law up in Weld Maine. She recently moved up there. it was too much in the woods for me, but she loves it. Have fun as you continue and I look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a great time! Thanks for writing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful view...the food must taste good with a view like that! The lobster stew sounds delicious (and it is almost 90 degrees in Seattle today...not a stew type of day). Just reading your blog made me hungry (off to the pantry).

    ReplyDelete